Jul 25, 2012

Booty Bash 2012!

Hello my beautiful friends,

It's been a while! I am still studying for my exam, it will be done on August 23rd and I will get back to regular blogging after that :)
I just wanted to do this post because it is an important cause and I should have done it earlier but I just have not had the chance between school and my exam. Alright onto the post.
A while ago my friend Abigail asked on twitter if anyone would like to use their online influence for a good cause, and I of course said yes! I'm all about that!
So when I got her email I knew I had to write about this cause, because this is the main reason I went into health care. Cancer.
I hate cancer with every fiber of my being and in my field, Nuclear Medicine, I deal with it every day. I've also lost some people in my life to it and have known close friends who have lost their loved ones to it as well.
What I'm here to talk about to you today is BOOTY BASH! This event is organized by the Don McQuaig foundation, which was created in memory of Don who lost his life at an early age to colorectal cancer. You can go HERE and read the details of the story of how and why this foundation was created.
 In 2012, an estimated 23,300 Canadians will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer and 9,200 will die of it. Overall, colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of death from cancer in men and women combined. If detected early, this vicious disease is 90% curable.
 When I read this I just felt sick, and I knew I had to do my part to get the word out there. I would really just like to draw your attention to the last part of that, if detected early it is 90% curable. The problem is not many know to get checked and unfortunately get diagnosed at a late stage.

So to raise awareness I would like to invite you to Booty Bash 2012.  

This is the 6th year for Booty Bash and tickets for this event, I am told, sell very fast! Right now the tickets are on sale for an early booty special price of $50. That is all it takes ladies and gentlemen, then you get to shake your booty and help the amazing people of the Don McQuaig foundation to raise aware about this horrible illness. The details for the event can be found here.
I myself unfortunately cannot attend because of my exam but I ask you to please please attend and if you cannot, get the word out there!
It really doesn't take much for each of you to help :)

Booty Bash 2012
Where: The Storys Building
When: August 10, 2012


8 comments:

  1. that sounds like a meaningful event to go to. thank you so much for sharing about the booty bash. your right its important to use our medium of blogging to make notice of important charities! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a great Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and I will definitely visit your blog :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good for you for spreading the cause and event details! Cancers suck big time! Good luck on your exams by the way. Must be stressful, but it will pay off soon. Are you in med school?

    MemoriesOfTimesPast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! it really is the most stressful. No I'm not, but I'm trying to be ;)
      xx

      Delete
    2. well good luck on everything! my bf is trying to get in too. I see how hard and stressful it can be with with mcats, interviews and all that. if it's your dream, keep fighting! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi dear.
    I love you're blog, I follow u :) :)

    My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.
    Hope u follow back, honey ;)

    A lot of kisses.
    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!!! I hate cancer as well as the rest of the world. LOVE you putting time into this. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, your comments mean so much to me! xo