Feb 26, 2012

Work Out Motivation 2.0

Sports and being active have always been a big part of my life. Actually just being healthy in general has. I try my best to eat healthy because after all we are what we eat and to also keep an active life style. I started gymnastics when I was about 4 years old and continued that until I was 11 or 12 and then took on swimming after that until grade 11. Grade 12 was a busy year for me trying to get the best marks I could to get into my university of choice, so sadly I had to quit the swim team. Over the years I've tried to keep up with swimming but for the past two years that has been a big fail!
I have otherwise tried to keep fit though. I love exercising. It feels so so good and it does great things for me when I am super stressed with school. One thing I really love, other than swimming, is running outdoors. I really hate the treadmill, it's boring and it is very painful for my knees. So I always look forward to when the weather is warmer so I can go out and run. This winter I was planning on running outdoors but I had some issues to fix with my knees so that had to be put aside for a while but now I'm SO ready for spring and warmer weather!
Yesterday I went out and bought some proper shoes, since my old ones were no where near proper and I got yelled at by my physiotherapist haha.

New babies: asics Gel-Nimbus 13 (ohmygosh Harry Potter themed name?!)

I just noticed the Nimbus part for the first time hahaha!
This makes me love these shoes even more now. Yes I am actually that big of a nerd.
ps. I just googled Nimbus and this hilarious post showed up. oh dear.  

And here are some photos and quotes I find inspiring in not just working out but life in general (well minus the first one) :)




Images via: Pinterest 

Let me know if you enjoy these types of posts or not! I don't want to bore you lovelies, but working out  and being active in general is a passion of mine and that is why I share it here :)

Have a fantastic Sunday.

11 comments:

  1. I'm doing my first spinning class tomorrow after two weeks of eating cake!! So this was just what I needed! great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh good luck! I've never done a spin class but every time I walk by one it looks so intense! lol. And I'm very glad you found this post helpful :)

      Delete
  2. This post is really nice, I like it so much!!!Amazing quotes!!!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely enjoy these posts!! i love the motivation and I find that girls on Blogger who do these posts, always take the time to really pick out inspiring placards.

    good for you to keeping with it! i'm getting back into it after not doing it the end of the year for no reason, excited to lose the extra weight that cost me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin! I myself love posts like these on blogs and I find it such positive energy :)
      It's awesome that you're getting back into it, feels really good to start exercising again! good luck!

      Delete
  4. I started doing power walks last month so I love motivational posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's great!! I do those with my mom in the summers :)

      Delete
  5. definitely need to start working out more.. P.S. Join my $50 voucher giveaway! For brands such as Free People, MINKPINK and more! here.. http://cyliaaaa.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-x-unestablish.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
    Xoxo
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful post!!!!amazing blog!!!i'm following you!!if you like mine,do the same!!!

    Freaky Friday

    Freaky Friday FB FanPage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, your comments mean so much to me! xo