May 16, 2011

I sweep away the clouds, smile for me...

Hello lovelies,

It was so cold here today that I actually considered bringing out my Uggs again!!!!!
people were bundled up in jackets and some were wearing gloves and this is very much like my view every time I would look out the window at work.

(source: Google)

Yup! disgusting. I know I mention the weather in every post but it's really bringing me down and all I want to do is .... nothing!
Last night however was a happier time. I went to a birthday party for a 1 year old. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it on this blog but I LOVE BABIES. Yes I am baby crazy and yes it sometimes scares my friends and family but I don't care. I was so down yesterday and feeling rather upset but then I went to this party and there were so many toddlers and babies that I couldn't feel sad even if I tried. I had so much fun playing with them and just generally being around them because they just have this ability to bring joy and happiness!
The evening ended with happy smiles and blue icing everywhere! and I mean everywhere even at the bottom of teeny tiny feet lol.


(source: Google)
yup there was a lot of that going on!
This is what I wore: 


Top: Winners
Jeans: f21
Shoes: Aldo
Earrings: Swarovski 


This is what my makeup and hair looked like :)

Today was not as happy. I woke up and the house was freezing and I was just in a mood. I work with sometimes very ill people so I have to just suck it up and forget about my own problems and just be there for others. So that is what I did and my day got a little bit better after my supervisor gave me my feedback sheet and I got some really good reviews. I still have a lot to improve and work on but these comments are just encouragement for me to keep getting better.
One moment that really got to me was when a patient looked at me while my coworker was doing her examination and I gave her a smile and she said "thank you for your sweet smile, I'm just really nervous"  and that really reminded me the power of a smile.


So please do give out more of these, they're free but powerful 
and can make you and someone else feel better!

Have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. um, you are SO pretty, geez louise! That last image of you is just stunning. I love me some heavy makeup but that doesn't mean I can't spot a naturally gorgeous girl when I see her! :) How fun you got to go to a 1 year old party, I don't have any babies around me yet! It's so annoying!! I love them too and would love to go to a party. Sorry about the weather, it's always a bit weird to bundle up in Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww the power of the smile is so under rated! Thanks for the reminder! I hear you on the awful weather, but we'll be seeing sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed stopping by your blog. You're so pretty - what a great smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! you're all so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, your comments mean so much to me! xo